How to best display your content on the touch screen
About 30 million presentations are held around the world every day. Of these, 90% are considered to be boring and uninteresting “time wasters” for spectators or listeners. Therefore, not infrequently, a tormented groan from the workforce of a company is likely to occur when a presentation is announced for the next meeting: Stupidly designed slides with hardly readable contents, incomprehensible explanatory attempts, no possibility of active participation. It is unimaginable, how much time and money thereby is at stake for companies. InFocus donates you precious working hours: We show you how every presentation with a touch screen will become a success!
Touch screen devices from InFocus
InFocus is one of the market leaders for visual communication. For what reason? Because our innovative solutions, also in the field of touch display, always set new standards. Our touch screens JTouch, Mondopad and BigTouch enable presentations, video conferences and digital signage at the highest level.
Getting the best out of collaboration through simple communication, creating content, saving and sharing – with a touch-screen model from InFocus, you captivate your audience! Even external employees can participate in a presentation, whether connected via their own PC, the tablet or the smart phone.
Thanks to a wide range of connection facilities, such as HDMI, VGA and USB interfaces, the InFocus touch screen PCs offer versatile connectivity. Whether the interactive Mondopad touch PCs in full-HD and with integrated Windows computer as well as a collaboration suite, the Full HD BigTouch devices with integrated Windows 8 computer or the full-HD JTouch series for interactive digital signage with precise touch screen technology – InFocus makes presentations the popular must-do on the to-do lists.
In order to make your presentation on the touch screen a success, you should consider the following:
- No false start: Forget the sneaky introductory sentences like “Today I am holding a presentation on the subject of xy.” You will be captivating your colleagues from the start with an exciting introduction to the topic.
- Talk freely instead of reading: Anyone who reads a pre-written presentation word for word must reckon with a small attention from the audience. A monotonous lecture has a soporific effect and often prevents the release of one’s own thoughts.
- Do not forget your body language. Communication works on several levels, the body language accounts for about 55% of the effect. Take full advantage of this potential.
- Observe the font size: Your presentation might not only fail with overloaded slides, but also with a too small font. Often, the audience is able to see the text on the touch screen but not to read it. Especially for smaller touch displays, this is an important point that must be observed.
- With the back turned to the touch screen: Your presentation will become a success, if the audience spellbound will hang to your every word. For this reason, position yourself with your back turned to the touch screen.
- Active presentation style: What has been worked out together will remain in the memory. Make use of the possibility of annotating directly during the presentation and send the content in the appropriate format to the audience already during the event.
- Multimedia content has a loosening-up effect: The audience becomes more attentive through videos. Something is happening. Anyone who visualizes the content of his presentation with a video will notice how quickly he will be back in the center of attention and interest in his presentation will be increasing.